Thursday, May 10, 2012

God awesome love and wanting to bond with us


In today’s Gospel, Jesus says to us: “As the Father has love me, so I have loved you”  (John 15:9).          How has the Father loved Jesus?  Jesus, John tells us in John 1:3 is the one through whom everything comes into existence.  To involve the Son in the act of creation reveals God’s love, respect and confidence in Jesus. Jesus’ love of us is similar. In effect, He, too, says to us: “I love you so much that I invite you to be a co-creator with me.  I want to create new life, new hope and a deeper love in the world through you. In fact, I invite you to partner with me in reconciling differences, healing wounds, building bridges between the rich and the poor, the oppressed and the oppressor, the deaf and those who hear (those spiritually deaf), the blind and those who see (again more than physical blindness). Just as the Father said to me at my baptism in the Jordan:  ‘This is my Beloved Son in whom I am well pleased,' I say the same to you.  I want to share with you the bond and the love that exists between the Father and Me. We are one. I want to be one with you as well so that "your joy will be complete" (John 15:11).

Are you willing to be Jesus’ partner or do you want to go it alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment