Monday, August 9, 2021

Sowing Bountifully

 In today's first reading, 2 Cor 9: 6-10, St. Paul reminds us that those who sow sparingly will reap sparingly and that those who sow bountifully will reap bountifully. Moreover,  St. Paul emphasizes, it is God who makes "every grace abundant" for us  to sow bountifully, doing the good work that Jesus would do if He were physically here Himself. And He is in us. And so we pray in today's responsorial psalm, Psalm 112: "Blessed the [person] who is gracious and lends to those in need."

Today, whose need for love, compassion, understanding, forgiveness did I meet?  Who needed my smile, my attention, today? Who looked to me, today, for guidance, encouragement?  Was I mindful of the Spirit speaking to me today to sow bountifully and not count the cost?  Or was I so preoccupied with what I wanted to do with my time that I did not notice my neighbor in need?


No comments:

Post a Comment