Sunday, September 1, 2019

Humility: Resisting the Temptations Pride Puts before Us

Hear the Lord say the following to you through the author of today's first reading, Sirach 3: 17-18, 20, 28-29:

(Insert your name), what I ask of you is to maintain a humble heart.  Resist pride's desire to be noticed or your ego's need to be set upon a throne to be worshiped.   

Seek Me, not accolades!

Rely on Me to comfort you and give you strength in hard times.  I am there for you always and I am enough for you.  Trust that truth!  I am God; there is no other. 

Be still. Be reverent and respectful of others and you will find Me.

Clothe yourself in humility and you will be surrounded by My peace within and without.

Seek my peace, a peace the world and those in it cannot give you.You find my peace in solitude. Avoid noise and unnecessary stress that comes from the ego's insistence on being No. 1 and being on its throne as king/queen!"

Thank you, Lord. I ask for those graces today!




No comments:

Post a Comment