Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Living a Life Full of Love

St. Paul, in today's first reading, 1 Cor 7: 25-31, writes to the people, encouraging them to be ready for the second coming of Jesus, which he believed was near.  "[T]ime is running out,....[T]he world in its present form is passing away," he tells them.  Though we do not know the time or the hour when the world, as we know it, will pass away, we can be ready. How? By conversion! By living pure lives! By living for eternity and bringing a little of eternity to the place where we live! What does that mean? Creating "heaven"here on earth for the people with whom we live!  Making love the essence of our lives, of our relationships!  How kind and forgiving am I, are you? How merciful and caring? How honest and just? Can others depend upon us to be there for them in hard times? How willing am I to rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep? In other words, what am I, are you, doing to lift others' burdens and to enhance their successes?  Or am I too wrapped up in my own little world to notice others around me, especially when they are carrying heavy crosses?

Today we celebrate the feast of the Most Holy Name of Mary, a woman "full of grace," who lived a live full of grace! May you and I do likewise!

No comments:

Post a Comment