Monday, March 26, 2018

Jesus' Servants

Isaiah 4: 1-7 speaks of Jesus.  Isaiah prophesies, saying:  "Here is my servant whom I uphold, my chosen one with whom I am pleased, upon whom I have put my Spirit; he shall bring forth justice to the nations, not crying out,  not showing, not making his voice heard in the street.  A bruised reed he shall nor break, and a smoldering wick he shall not quench, until he establishes justice on the eared; the coastlands will waist for his teaching."

Imagine the following conversation with Jesus:

(Insert your name),  just as I am the Father's servant made so by Him, so, too, are you my servant designed so by the Father.  I delight in you as the Father delights in me.

You: But I am a sinner, Lord, far from you.

Your sins are as far from Me as East is from West, North from South.  I have destroyed sin in you when I poured out my blood for you upon the cross and do so every day in the Eucharistic celebration of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.  Your sins may be scarlet.I wash them clean in my blood daily.

Thank you, Lord!

You are my servant.  Every day I awaken you to serve Me in little ways: a smile, a kind greeting, a prayer for another in need, your love for those you serve, your taking time to talk to one who is downtrodden.

Thank you, Lord, for doing this good work through me.

You are welcome.

Lord, you reached out and touched everyone I touched today with Your love.

Thank you, (insert our name)  for the many ways today that you touched other people with your love your caring concerns, your kindness.

I ask that you continue to fan into flame the smoldering wicks and to carefully tend to bruised reeds. of those who feel downtrodden.  Thank you when you do that!  I love you, (insert name) and delight in you, my servant!

No comments:

Post a Comment