Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Our God: A Merciful God, a Generous God, a Forgiving God

Today’s liturgy opens with the following entrance antiphon from Wis 11: 24, 25, 27:  “You are merciful to all, O Lord, and despise nothing that you have made.  You overlook people’s sins, to bring to repentance, and you spare them, for you are the Lord our God."
I was reminded that this is true for each of the campaigners and for me as well, as I am deeply troubled by what I see in the campaigns for being our next president.  I asked the Lord to open my eyes to His Way, my mind to His thoughts. He did so in the following feedback:

Dorothy Ann, I know that you are disappointed about the Iowa and New Hampshire primaries, that persons would win who vilify others with words, who attempt to sway votes by publishing obscene messages about their opponents on social media, who attempt to rise up by putting others down. You are seeing humans acting badly. You are seeing ambition at its worst—the search for power and control being out of control. As I said to Samuel when the Israelites wanted a king like other nations around them:  give them what they want.   I will not usurp free will.  If acting foolishly, if making poor decisions, people will suffer the results of those decisions.

Sometimes I allow the worst to happen to teach humankind that they are not God and to each you that you are not God. I right the wrongs. I put people on the straight path when they give me a crooked one!  I am God. There is no other! And I am at work even when you do not recognize me.

No comments:

Post a Comment