Friday, November 27, 2015

Praying One's Experiences

"Thank you, Lord, for all of the circumstances of my life: the challenges, the circumstances, the graces, the disappointments, the good and the "bad" times, life's sad moments and happy moments."


As I deal with the effects of a serious brain injury, I found myself offering God the following:

  • My declining energy
  • My frustration when my energy wanes
  • My not being able to follow/create a disciplined approach to the day because of my energy's inconsistent strength
  • My feeling powerless and out of control of how the day unfolds because of my energy's decline
The symbols I created of these realities was the chalice offered at Mass: each chalice was given the following label:
  • My injured brain
  • My healing brain--just as I believe in the sun when it is not shining, so, too, do I believe in God's healing power at work in my brain when I do not feel it or experience the effects of the healing
  • The effects of an injured brain
  • My attitudes--negative and positive--toward my injured brain and the effects of such
I then reminded myself that God is at work in the silence of my brain:  healing it and molding my mind into thinking as God thinks,  I am reminded in Jesus Calling, Nov. 20,  to [s]hift my] focus from [my] performance to [God's] radiant Presence [and that the] Light of [God's] Love shines on [me] continually, regardless of [my] feelings or behavior." 

May you also believe in the radiance of God's Presence shining on you always, no matter what and shift your focus to this reality and away from your accomplishments!



No comments:

Post a Comment