Monday, June 4, 2012

Respecting Jesus day to day

"They will respect my Son,"  Jesus says to us in today's Gospel, Mk. 12: 1-12.   Respecting Your Son, O God, is respecting you, Father God.  Respecting you, O God, is respecting the Son.  Respecting you means wanting You, wanting to be imitators of You, living from love, acting lovingly and respectfully with all persons today, every day.

Sometimes, when facing difficult situations or trying circumstances that offer me the opportunity to choose life--being patient, humble, loving--I reject You, O God, who are pure love, infinite patience and gracious humility.  When I choose selfishness, wanting what I want, I am acting as did the tenants in today's Gospel .  By my impatience, pride, and lack of kindness, I "beat" those You send to collect the "produce" of self-sacrifice, patient endurance, and loving kindness.   The tenants choose their will, not Yours.  Whose will will I choose today?

No comments:

Post a Comment